Saturday 6 August 2016

OS-Complcated Love

OS – Complicated Love

“Where do I stand in his Life?”
“Where do I stand in her Life?”
This was the one question that was ringing on both their heads. They got married with all the rituals, with their consent of liking each other, will all the blessings. But still why can’t they live happily? Why their life has become so complicated? Did they lose interest in their so called marriage life? Did they fed up of each other? Did they fall out of their liking? Let’s see how their complicated life bringing out their love for each other.

*****************
“I love him Payal. Our marriage is not a complicated one. It’s just weak. But I hope one day it strengthen” Khushi whispered to her friend on the phone.
“Khushi why can’t you confess your love” Her friend Payal asked her.
“I can’t Payal. He doesn’t even spend his time with me, then how can I talk with him. He doesn’t care about my existence”
“You are making something out of nothing Khushi. All you have to do is speak with him. Let your heart out to him. Let him understand you”
“No Payal. Enough is enough. I can’t continue with this loveless marriage. It’s been ages since we talked, since we had dine together”
“Khushi please understand, marriage is not a game that you both can play”
“Please Payal, please” Khushi whispered as if she had lost all the energy to fight back, as if she was fighting for the lost battle.
Payal cut down her talk understanding her friend needed some time. She put down her phone, silently praying for the best.
***************
“Arnav what are you doing in office at this hour. Man, it’s almost mid-night. Don’t you think you have a wife at home, waiting for your return?” Aman asked his friend come boss with annoyed voice.
“NO Aman. She won’t be waiting for me. I have some unfinished task to complete” saying Arnav immersed his head into his laptop.
“WHAT? What unfinished task you have that can’t be postponed. After all I’m your manager, and it’s my duty to know what’s going in this office” Questioned Aman.
“Aman Please”
“What please Arnav? What is your problem? You care coming early to office, moving out lately. There is something which you are hiding. What is it? Is it about Khushi?”
Arnav snapped opened his eyes at his wife’s name being taken from his friend’s mouth. Aman understood that it got something to do with his wife, with his marriage life.
“What is it Arnav? Spit it out.”
“Aman I feel as if Khushi had lost her interest in our marriage life” Arnav said dropping a bomb at his head.
“WHAT?”
“Yes Aman, I thought she liked me, no I felt she loved me, but nothing seems like our earlier days of marriage.”
“What do you mean Arnav?”
“She is not spending her time with me Aman. She was always free for everyone, but for me. I tried. I tried as much as I can to work out this marriage. But it is slipping out of my hands. I feel as if she is trying to ignore me. Earlier, she always waited for me to have her meal; she always brings meal for me to office, to share with me. But that is not the case now. She was fast asleep before I reach home. She was not sharing her life with me. She was staying aloof. She was being busy lately for me. I don’t know Aman. I really don’t know what went wrong.”
Aman was literally laughing at his friend’s state.
“So My friend wants his wife’s attention”
“Aman please this is not the time for joke”
“I’m not joking. Be practical man.”
“What Aman?”
“If you spend all your time with your laptop and Bluetooth then how do you expect her to spend her time with you? If you stay at your office till late, how do you expect your wife to stay awake? If you intend to not to share your feelings with her, then how can you expect her to be? Unless and until you” Aman was about to continue his talk, when he felt someone pushing him and dashing towards his friend.
He steadied himself and looked up to see his friend and his wife looking at each other, one with confused and other with furious.
He was about to interrupt them, but thinking the other way he left them alone.
****************
Both of them staring at each other, their lips were trembling.
“Arnav Are you busy?”
“I was never busy for you Khushi”
“Liar”
“I never Lie Khushi. You know that”
“You were busy Arnav. For past few weeks you were busy for me”
“Khushi what are you saying?”
“No Arnav… Let me speak first. I feel sick of this. You and Me..” she paused for a moment.
Arnav felt his world is spinning around and he might fall at any second.
“Why? What went wrong between us? Why are you avoiding me? Whenever I came to meet you in your office, I was informed by your PA that you were buys. You always came late to home. I waited; I waited to have you beside me, to spend some time with you.
Arnav was shocked with this piece of information from his wife. His PA? His mind wandered back to the time that his so called PA Flirted with him, trying to seduce him at given chance. He closed his eyes understanding where this mishap started. His Ignorance. His work. He looked at his wife who is shedding her tears silently.
He saw his wife opening her lips to speak something. But he didn’t want to hear anything. At least not now. He wants to clear his side of misunderstanding. He wants to make his wife understand that she is his life and he loves her dearly.
He stepped towards her and cupped her cheeks hushing her at once. He silently wiped her tears nodding no to her.
Khushi looked at him with her hazel eyes shining in her teas and her lips quivering with all the crying she had.
He took her to the nearby couch, sat himself and pulled his wife on his lap, placing her head on his chest where she belongs to, cradling her like a kid.
He let her calm rubbing her back, peppering her hair and face with kisses time to time.
After what felt like a year, he lifted her face from his crook and saw he looking at his face with full of questions.
“Khushi, I was never busy for you, Promise. I don’t know what that stupid PA of mine said you, but I always missed our meal together. I know I was being home really late, but ignoring you was not my intention. Khushi I really carve for your presence. Being in your arm I feel home, belonged, loved and what not. But Now I promise that nothing, nothing will ever come between us not even our work.”
“Arnav?”
“Shhhhhh. Don’t speak. Let me please. I Love you Jann. You are my only love. I can’t think of a life without you. Let us give some time to each other. Let us understand each other. Let us leave all the pressure out and enjoy our life. Let us love each other. Please Love?”
Khushi nodded smiling at him, silently agreeing his request.
Their life was complicated one. Where they stand, what they do, nothing is unsure. But one this sure is that, they love each other immensely.

Author’s note:
I don’t know what I wrote. I feel this is one of the worst story I have ever wrote. I started of something ended with something. I’m extremely sorry. L


No comments:

Post a Comment